India is a secular country with diversified cultures and the significances in their own kind. As an endeavour to solidify the bond of oneness and unification, the country celebrated the Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day). In line with the celebrations countrywide, Career Point Gurukul School following the mandate organized various activities in the school premises in order to extend their heartfelt appreciation about the life and the involvement of the great leader, Sardar Patel , in the veritable contribution during the freedom struggle and to lay a foundation of a unified country fused with oneness. The idea was to infuse in the young future generation with values integrated with the knowledge and adoration about the country’s rich heritage.
A throng of activities were organized all through the day to support the cause of promoting unity and celebrating “National Unity Day” in the school premises.
1. A special morning assembly was organized. The programme started with the impressive speeches made by the Senior Teachers in English as well as Hindi on the life, history and the role of Sardar Patel in the freedom struggle to establish a harmonious society. The following teachers imparted the speech during the assembly:
Ms. Chaitali Chandel (Biology PGT)
Ms. Seema Sharma (Hindi Sr. Teacher)
2. Whole program was hosted by Ms Farheen Naaz (Science Teacher).
3. Approximately 100 students held a Peace March Past.
4. A Collaborative pledge on Peace and Solidarity was administered by the Principal, teachers and the students.
5. Poster was designed by the Art and Craft club students.
The events organized the entire day were fun filled, motivating for the students as it was a different experience for the students as well as the teachers.